Below is the current schedule for all of the activities in the Lap Pool at the Catskill Recreation Center. Click on the titles for a description and more information.
During aquatic programming there will be three lap lanes available for lap swimming. At all other times four lap lanes will be available for lap swimming.
*All classes have a $3.00 fee unless noted differently*
* Full Lifeguard Certification Class over Spring Break: April 15th – April 19th 9am-4pm*
*Full Lifeguard Certification Class: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4-8p.m. – April 30th – May 23rd*
$300 preregistration/$325 day of registration
* Lifeguard and CPR Re-certification Classes: March 30th, 9am-5pm* $100/$115
* CPR-PR only: $65/$75
* Lifeguard Preparatory Class: Tuesday and Thursday evenings, April 2nd-April 11th, 5-6* $50/$60
9:00 am – 10:00 am: Shallow Water Aerobics with Cheryl
10:30 am-11:30 am: Deep water Buoyancy with April
11:30am – 12:30pm: Advanced Deep Water Buoyancy with April
5:15pm – 6:15pm: Youth Swim Club* March 25th – May 20th (no class 4/15) $6.25 per class
6:30pm- 7:30pm: Triathlon Club Swim Practice with Rob
9:00am – 10:00am: Water Salsa Aerobics with Maria
6:00pm – 7:00pm: Deep Water Cardio Fitness with Rose
9:00am – 10:00am: Shallow Water Aerobics with Cheryl
4:00pm- 6:30pm: Youth Group Swim Lessons* Session 2: March 27th – May 22nd, (no class 4/17); $50 pre-registration; $60 day of, for full 8 weeks
6:00pm-7:45pm: Family Open Swim – Non Members* $10 per family
10:30 am – 11:45 am: Deep water Buoyancy and Cardio Ball with April
4:00pm- 5:00pm: Margaretville School CROP Program to 3/21
6:00 pm – 7:45 pm: Family Open Swim- Non-members* $10 per family
10:30 am – 11:30 am: Advanced Deep Water Buoyancy With April
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Shallow Water Aerobics With Kathy
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm: First Friday Family Fun Night (First Friday of each month) begins April 5th *$10 for non-member families
9:30am – 10:30am: Deep Water Cardio Fitness with Rose
Safe Pools Have Rules
Make the Most of your Aquatic Experience
On The Pool Deck:
- Please walk on the pool deck. No running.
- Please leave your street shoes in the locker room or in the hallway before coming on deck.
- All electronic devices are prohibited from the pool area for the safety of our members.
- Please help keep our deck and locker rooms clean. Food, gum, and glass are not allowed on deck or in the locker rooms. Strollers with clean wheels only are permitted on the pool deck.
- Please shower before entering the pool. This is a New York State Law and a good idea.
USING THE POOL:
- Follow all lifeguard directions. They are responsible for the safety of all swimmers.
- All swimmers are encouraged to wear a swim cap. Please display discretion in choice of swimwear. No strings, thongs, or indecent exposure. T-shirts, cut off shorts and any other non-swimming apparel are prohibited for health and safety reasons. Small children must wear swim diapers when using the pool.
- Keep it fun!! Prolonged submersion, breath holding, and horseplay is not allowed!!
- Only coast guard approved floatation devices are allowed. No inflatable devices such as water wings, rafts, etc. are allowed. Children wearing floating devices must stay in the shallow end of the pool!!
- Toys and noodles are available for use. Excessive horseplay with the toys and noodles is not allowed.
- People with open wounds, rashes, or sores are not allowed to swim until they have healed.
- All swimmers under 18 must pass a swim test prior to swimming in the deep end of the pool.
- During thunderstorms the pool will close for 30 minutes at the first sight of lightening or sound of thunder. The pool will remain closed until the storm has passed. CRC staff will monitor weather reports and post updates on the re-opening of the pool in the event of a storm.
THE SWIM TEST:
- Any child 5 or under must be accompanied by a parent in the water. Any child 6-9 years old must be accompanied by a parent on the pool deck. Parents of children 10-12 years old, must be present in the building, but do not have to be on the pool deck, however parents must sign their children in, before leaving the pool deck. Swimmers age 13 and older may use the pool without an adult present in the facility.
- To pass the swim test swimmers must swim 25 yards of the pool without stopping using rotary breathing and kick on their stomachs. Once completing a length of the pool swimmers must tread water for 60 seconds to pass and complete the swim test. Multiple attempts of swim tests are allowed. Lifeguards have the final authority on whether a child has or has not passed a swim test.
- Swimmers of all ages are welcome to swim laps. Swimmers must be able to swim the full length of the pool continuously and without support.
- If space is available, exercising, walking, and floating are permitted during lap swim. Water resistance equipment is available for use during open swim.
- Lap swimmers must share lanes if there is not an open lane. Circle swimming is required when 3+swimmers are sharing a lane. To circle swim effectively watch the center line on the bottom of each lane and stay to the right. Acknowledge and respect your fellow swimmers when you are sharing a lane.
- Lanes may be removed to accommodate aquatics programming. Check the schedule for up to date program listings.