2019 LIFEGUARD CLASSES AND LIFEGUARD PREPARATORY CLASSES
2019 LIFEGUARD PREPARATORY CLASS
This class offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. each day is for people age 15 or older who need to improve their swimming skills before taking a lifeguard class. Topics covered will be the prerequisites for the lifeguard courses, technique tips for freestyle, breaststroke, and side stroke, and building up endurance and strength.
- Session 2: April 2nd- April 11th
Pre-registration Cost: $50. Day of Registration: $60.
2019 LIFEGUARD AND WATERFRONT LIFEGUARD CLASSES
- Session 3: Monday – Friday, April 15th – April 19th (Spring Break): 9:00a.m – 4:00p.m
- Session 4: Tuesdays and Thursdays, April 30th – May 23rd: 4:00p.m – 8:00p.m each day
- Session 6: Monday – Friday, June 24th – June 28th (Summer Break): 9:00a.m – 4:00p.m
- Session 7: Tuesdays and Thursdays, September 18th – October 10th: 4:00p.m – 8:00p.m each day
Pre-registration cost for Lifeguard Class: $300. Waterfront Lifeguard Class: $350.
Day of registration cost for Lifeguard class: $325. Waterfront Lifeguard Class: $375.
Fee includes: 30+ hours of instruction, membership to the CRC for the duration of the class, lifeguard manual, CPR Face shield, and a Lifeguard, CPR-PR and First Aid certification.
2019 Lifeguard and CPR-PR Recertification Class
Each class is 9:00a.m – 5:00p.m
- Saturday, May 18th
- Saturday, June 8th
- Saturday, September 7th
Cost for Recertification Classes:
CPR- PR only: Pre-Register: $65.00. Day of $75.00.
Lifeguarding with First Aid/ CPR-PR Recertification: Pre-Register: $100.00. Day of Registration: $115.00
Youth scholarships are available to youth ages 15 to 18.
For more information or to arrange special private group Red Cross Classes:
Call 845-586-6250 or email: Aquatics@catskillrecreationcenter.org